Photo by Nikki G. Davidson
In honor of our Liquor Issue,
cocktail photographer and blogger Nikki Davidson gave us another one of her drink recipes (see her holiday drink suggestions from our Holiday Guide here). Her hot chocolate is good with or without the booze, so drink up.
2 cups Milk
1/4 cup Condensed Milk
3 ounces Dark Rum, Bourbon, or Dark Tequila
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Kosher Salt
OPTIONAL: Marshmallow Fluff
1. In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer.
2. Stir in condensed milk. Reduce heat.
3. Using a whisk, slowly stir in chocolate chips.
4. Once chips have melted, add cocoa powder. Continue stirring until smooth.
5. Now add vanilla and salt. Continue to stir a minute longer then remove from heat.
6. Stir in alcohol
7. Add hot chocolate to heat resistant mug.
8. Top with marshmallow fluff. Toast using a kitchen torch.